EerieTransfer is a simple free download manager that allows you to download a file using multiple proxies at the same time to bypass servers’ speed restrictions. It also has a zip archive tester which redownloads only corrupt portions.
- Download files through multiple connections at once.
- Use a different elite proxy per connection to evade server speed throttling.
- Automatically select a new proxy if one fails.
- Test and repair zip archives by redownloading corrupt portions.
- Multi-threaded, one thread per connection so a connection error doesn’t hang the transfer.
Well, I wanted to download a 375GB zip archive, but the download speed was 400KB/s. So I tried several download managers to download the file with multiple connections at once, but I was only getting 400KB/s download speed all the same.
Then I remembered I could download from multiple proxies at once to hide my IP address. I search for a download manager which allowed this and found Net Transport. After adding proxies by hand and having to replace them also by hand every time one failed, I finally downloaded the file in a few days at about 3MB/s.
When the download was finished, I tested the archive and to my dismay it had errors. So I thought, “why don’t I make my own multiple proxy download manager?”.
EerieTransfer was born!
After a few days of programming and testing, my ISP thought I was using to much bandwidth for too long, so my connection was capped at 8/0.4 MBit/s.
Since I could no longer download the archive at this speed, I remembered I could try to test it and download only the corrupt parts, so I wrote the zip tester. It worked, I had to download only 5GB to repair it.
I improved the GUI a little since then to release it here.
EerieTransfer is free and contains no adware, spyware or malware. Please consider donating if you find it useful. 32-bit version also works on Windows 64-bit.
|32-bit (x86)||0.1||.msi installer|
Quick Start Guide
- First click Settings and in the Proxies tab, add your proxies manually or go to https://www.proxy-list.download/HTTPS-Proxies/ and filter proxy anonymity by Elite and click Copy to clipboard, then return to the Settings window and click Add From Clipboard.
- To add a new download, copy its link location in your browser and then click New From Clipboard in the main EerieTransfer window.
Suggestions and Bug Reports:
Contact me or comment below.